Sales and Marketing Assistant
Modified August 10th 2017
Hours per Week: 35 hours per week during the summer and 20 hours per week from Sept-April
Location: University Centre
Positions Available: 1
The primary objective is to assist the VP Communications to perform her daily tasks in order to ensure the efficiency of the Marketing and Communications Department.
The employee will contribute to the development of marketing opportunities and to the relations with partners such as University Staff, sponsors, printing company, etc.
- Assist the VP Communications to achieve her objectives, develop marketing strategies, implement a marketing plan and achieve set goals
- Assist in development and execution of marketing campaigns
- Provide the VP Communications with administrative support, including assistance during weekly meetings, preparation of meeting agendas, recording minutes from the meetings, and assistance with desktop publishing tasks
- Assist with the sale of advertising space for various projects in a variety of formats
- Assist with processing feedback surveys, market surveys and marketing evaluations.
- Obtain competitive quotes from providers and manage the printing of various promotional material
- Provide continuous creative suggestions and design promotional tools to respond to SFUO’s marketing needs
- Contribute to the positive image of the SFUO
- Other related duties
- Bilingualism in both official languages of the University of Ottawa is an asset
- Must be a student of the University of Ottawa
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written, and the ability to communicate on a variety of levels in a student union environment
- Experience in sales and in providing quality service in a customer-oriented organization
- Initiative, self-administration and good management skills in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to be precise and detail-oriented
- Office administration skills, including the ability to prepare meeting agendas, invoices, file documents, and to write minutes and letters
- Ability to work independently and efficiently while being part of a small team
- Knowledge of Apple computers and applications
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Experience with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Publisher is an asset.
**Knowledge of the SFUO, its services, businesses, clubs, associations and activities is an asset.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to the VP Finance at:
Please note that should you require any accommodations during the hiring process, you’re welcome to let us know.