Women’s Resource Centre Collective Coordinator
Modified August 9th 2017
Hours per Week: 20 hours per week from September to April
Location: University Centre
Positions Available: 1
- Remaining up-to-date on developments on Women’s issues;
- Ensuring the ongoing development, growth, and promotion of the WRC, its services, and its programs;
- Ensuring that the WRC operations remain within prescribed budget limitations; to include budget maintenance, and fundraising.
- Administrative duties (such as answering e-mails, writing letters, responding to phone calls, writing reports, training volunteers, etc.);
- Maintaining a database of contacts (volunteers, generally interested parties, external agencies, etc);
- Dedication to non-hierarchal structure (consensus decision making)
- Further development of the current collective structure such as: expanding staff roles and volunteer positions within this structure.
- Contribute to the positive image of the SFUO.
- Other related duties
- Community Relations
- Coordinating volunteers (training, tasks, projects, etc)
- Networking with residence, federated bodies, other campuses
- WRC Newsletter, emails, facebook group, website
- Develop partnerships with community organizations in relation to various feminist issues.
- Develop outreach strategy to engage students at the University of Ottawa
- Must be be bilingual in both official languages of the University of Ottawa
- Be a student at the University of Ottawa
- Be member of traditionally marginalized genders, including women, trans, genderqueer, two spirit, etc.
- Be familiar with computer use, and be proficient with the use of basic office and Internet software packages, including Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint and basic Access), Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc.
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess an excellent working knowledge of issues facing women and women identified people in the campus community
- Possess prior experience working with women or related experience ( i.e. studying in that field or volunteering)
- Ability and willingness to work in a non-hierarchal structure
Applicants must submit a résumé and cover letter that clearly details how the candidate’s experience and/or education has prepared them for this position and which position(s) would best suit them. In order for your application to be considered, your cover letter must include a short description of the types of issues that you suspect or know women face, and how you would strive to resolve these issues.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to the VP Finance at:
Please note that should you require any accommodations during the hiring process, you’re welcome to let us know.