Renewing club applicants will have to complete the standard clubs application, where among other things it requires a contact person for the club, two signing officers for the club and its finances. It is important not to forget that only students may be executive signing officers, and student numbers are required for approval. A copy of the constitution is also required by the SFUO for renewing club applicants. A sample constitution is found below. There is a $10 fee for all renewing clubs.
Fall registration deadline is September 19th 2014 by 4 P.M.
Winter Registration deadline is January 30th 2015 by 4 P.M.
Renewing Clubs/Societies Application Form (submit to the SFUO Reception – UCU 07)
A copy of the club’s constitution must be submitted every academic year. It must also be revised, updated or rewritten within the last 3 years. Please send an electronic copy of the constitution to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper copies will not be accepted.
The sample constitutions below are the minimal requirement of all clubs. You may adjust the respective sample document so that it suits the club better.
- Sample constitution of a club with an executive committee
- Sample constitution of a consensus based club (coming soon!)
- Sample constitution of a society (coming soon!)
The registration fee of $10 must be paid before the club can be renewed. The reception desk accepts debit, credit or cash.
Please note: A club’s application will be processed after and only after submitting all of the requirements. Once the appropriate paperwork have been handed in, the application will be reviewed to ensure that it fits within the parameters set out in By-law 8 of the SFUO Constitution.
A club’s application will be processed after and only after submitting all of the requirements. Once the appropriate paperwork have been handed in, the application will be reviewed to ensure that it fits within the parameters set out in By-law 8 (page 119 of the SFUO Constitution).
Requirements for Club Status:
- A minimum of fifteen members, including the executive (if there is one).
- At least 75% of the members of the Club-Applicant are registered students of the University of Ottawa.
- The Club applicant’s constitution makes provisions for the democratic selection of its executive members (if there are any).
- The Club-Applicant does not have the same name as any other certified SFUO Club, Association or Federated Body.
- The Club-Applicant’s constitution does not contain any discriminatory clauses nor does it contain clauses that are contrary to existing Canadian laws.
- The Constitution is written in at least one of the two University’s official languages.
- The Constitution must have been written, revised or updated within the last 3 years.