Tap your U-Pass all the time after December 25
Changes will be made to the smart card system that will allow all U-Pass holders to tap on all buses. Please do so. After December 25 you will be able to tap on all buses including those that were previously “Express” routes.
Express routes are changing their names and numbers
After December 25, 2016, please note that Express routes will become known as Connexion routes. The numbers will change but the routes will stay the same however there will be changes on westbound buses as Connexion routes will have limited stops after Tunney’s Pasture. Please check the detailed information below.
Route renumbering – New route numbers will be introduced for many routes throughout the network, including express routes, which will be numbered in the 200s. Below is a quick reference.
Afternoon stop changes on west-end express routes
As we move toward the opening of the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018, there are a number of bus network and fare changes that need to be implemented to ensure a smooth transition to the new 2018 service structure. The service changes will be introduced gradually over the next two years in order to ease the changes that will be experienced by Transit customers.
In this first round of changes, afternoon homebound trips on the current west-end express routes will be revised as of December 25, 2016.
- In the afternoon, buses to Barrhaven on new Routes 270, 271, 272, 273 and 277 will not stop at Westboro, Dominion, Lincoln Fields, Queensway, or Iris. Customers who are travelling from those stations to Barrhaven will connect to these routes at Baseline Station;
- In the afternoon, buses to Kanata and Stittsville on new Routes 252, 256, 261, 262, 263, 264, 265, 267, 268 and 269 will not stop at Westboro, Dominion, Lincoln Fields, and Pinecrest Stations. Customers who are travelling from those stations to Kanata and Stittsville will connect to these routes at Bayshore Station;
- In the afternoon, buses to Richmond and Munster on Route 283 will not stop at Westboro or Dominion Stations. Customers who are travelling from those stations to Richmond and Munster will connect at Lincoln Fields Station;
- No change is being made to the afternoon east-end express routes;
- No change is being made on morning trips to downtown.
Splitting of route 5
Current Route 5 will be divided into two separate routes to improve the reliability of service and to prepare for connections with the O-Train Confederation Line in 2018. The new Route 5 will operate between Billings Bridge Station and the Rideau Centre, and the new Route 19 will operate between St-Laurent Station and Bank Street at Albert/Slater. Service frequencies and the hours of service will be unchanged.
For more information or to plan your travel please visit us at octranspo.com. OC Transpo staff is available to answer questions by phone via their Transit Information Line at: 613-741-4390. OC Transpo has a free texting service for next bus arrivals – check it out by texting 560560. There are also many excellent apps available to see real time bus arrivals at your favorite stops – please visit octranspo.com for more information.